Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel there have been lots of posts on this subject so I thought it might be best to share those tips with the companies that have analysed the data and conducted the studies.
Co-Schedule have read through 10 comprehensive studies done and analysed the data down to this:
The Best Day to Send emails
- Tuesday is the number one best day to send emails according to the majority of the data from the studies done by co-schedule.
- Thursday is good if you send more than one email a week. Follow up with a Thursday mailer.
- Wednesday came in second place several times.
- Saturdays have a high open rate because there are less marketing emails being sent, therefore you may get a higher open rate.
- Sunday is higher for click-throughs (according to Hubspot) though it has lower open rates.
The Best Time To Send emails
According to co-schedule these are the best times to send email campaigns
- 10 am or 11 am. Studies concluded that the best time to send emails is at 10 am or 11 am.
- 8 pm-midnight: I bet you didn’t expect that one. It looks like emails generally receive more opens and clicks later in the evening. As Campaign Monitor notes, this is likely due to people checking their email before going to bed.
- 2 pm. Later in the day people are checking out of work mode or looking for distractions.
- 6 am. Before you even get up, some of you are checking your emails.
Read more on the 10 Studies done, and see some nice graphs, by Co-Schedule here.